Associate Professor Thea Blackler - Project Leader
INTUITIVE INTERACTION involves the use of knowledge gained from other products and/or experiences. Therefore products that people use intuitively are those with features, functions and/or processes that they are familiar with. This focus area explores the meanings and applications behind INTUITIVE INTERACTION; what it is, how/why it happens and how design can facilitate it.
- Intuitive Interaction Analysis of Samsung Digital Cameras
- Testing and "Intuitive" Microwave Interface with Younger and Older People
Experience and Expertise
EXPERIENCE and EXPERTISE explores interrelationships between activities, experience, and expertise within complex systems. It explores experiences and people’s interactions across various artifacts, systems and services such as airports, hospitals or health services.
- Airports of the Future, Human Systems Program: Passenger Experience
- A Passenger Oriented Approach to Terminal Design
- Healthcare Service Experience
- Monitoring Intuitive Expertise in the Unpredictable Context of Aviation Security
- Passenger Experience at an Airport: An Activity-Centred Approach
- Passenger Experience in an Airport Retail Environment
- Airports of the Future Pilot Study
- Investigation of Compression Bandaging Methods and Nurses Interaction During this Process
- Remote Patient Assessment using Digital Stethoscope for Telehealth Systems in Australia
Context of Use
Dr Marianella Chamorro-Koc - Project Leader
The CONTEXT OF USE area focuses on products, technologies and complex systems to provide an understanding of the relationship between; use, activity, task and situation during people’s interactions with products. Widespread advancements in technology have altered the social environment and transformed the way people work, interact and maintain relationships.
We view CONTEXT of people’s interactions with objects and technologies as a dynamic entity that changes according to the user’s experience and culture.
- The Social Practices of Paying: A Design Approach to Facilitating People’s Interactions with Technologies in Public Contexts
- Seamless Journeys: Identifying Connections Between the Physical and the Virtual Travel for Social Engagement
- People’s Everyday Travel and the Mobile Internet
- A Human-Centered Approach to the Design of User-Technologies Interactions for Public Contexts